Friday 16 February 2007

Don't sail drunk!!

An Australian man reportedly attacked a shark with his bare hands after drinking copious amounts of vodka and deciding to turn the tables on one of nature's deadliest predators.
Kerkhof became annoyed when the shark began chasing his squid lures and said he climbed down a ladder into the water and silently stalked the 1.3 metre (4.3 foot) predator.
"I just snuck up behind him and eventually I went for the big grab and I fluked it and got him," he said.
"He's just thrashing around in the water but then he was starting to turn around and try to bite me and I thought 'well, it's amazing what vodka does'."
Kerkhof emerged from the fray unscathed, although his jeans were ripped by the shark's razor-sharp teeth.
"It's not something I'd recommend to do. When I sobered up I thought about it and I said, 'I'm a bit of an idiot doing it'," he said.
Conclusion: "Don't sail drunk!!"

No comments: